Lately, the world is shaken by the presence of Rainbow Cake! Have you ever heard about the name of that cake? Or seen it? Yea, Rainbow Cake is very happening right now. In every bakery all over the world, they must be sold Rainbow Cake because of increase in demand.
Everybody especially kids and teenagers love Rainbow Cake, because the look is very eye catching and colorful. What about the taste? Hmm, no doubt, it’s delicious. Rainbow cake is just like another cake, but the color in it is the point which makes it very unique.
There are red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, and else in the cake. The colors will attract us to taste it.
Behind the presence of something, there must be a history inside of it. So does Rainbow cake. Rainbow cake is invented by Kaitlin Flannery, a college student from United States. At first, Kaitlin planned to give a surprise for her best friend at her best friend’s birthday party.
She remembered that her best friend loves rainbow, so she had an idea to make a cake with rainbow colors in every piece of it. After she made the cake, then she gave it to the birthday girl, surprisingly, her best friend and other friends of Kaitlin love the cake.
And then, she put her own cake picture in her blog to remind it. Unexpectedly, many people visit her blog and love the cake. And finally, the Rainbow Cake by Kaitlin is very trending in social network.
And now, in every bakery at Jakarta until Semarang and Solo, Rainbow Cake is available. Most of the bakery owner takes advantage by selling Rainbow Cake. Even, there are some pastry cook sells Rainbow Cake online. So, if you haven’t taste Rainbow Cake, don’t be so worry, you can find it in bakery or order it via online.
But, if you don’t want to buy Rainbow Cake, you can make it on your own. It’s not too difficult to make Rainbow Cake. So, here’s the recipe…
Check also: Macaroon Recipe
- 400 grams of sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 white eggs
- 226 grams of butter
- 355 grams of UHT milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 kinds of color/food coloring (red, yellow, orange, blue, green, purple)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 375 grams of flour
And for the topping:
- Colorful sprinkles
- 100 grams of cream cheese
- 100 grams of white butter
Here are the steps of making Rainbow Cake:
- Mixing the flour, vanilla essence, baking powder and salt in big bowl then set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat butter with sugar until smooth, then, add the egg whites step by step.
- Add flour mixture and UHT milk alternately in egg mixture and stir it until blend.
- Pour the batter into 6 bowls (for the 6 bowls). Then, give the pasta according to dyes or colors that have been provided. This is to create the colors of the rainbow.
- Bake the dough for 15-20 minutes at a temperature of 160’C.
- After that, let’s cooling the cake and craft in overlapping.
- Beat the cream cheese and white butter until soft, and then rub on each layer of cake on top.
- Final step, decorate it with colorful sprinkle.
It’s easy, isn’t it? You can bake your own Rainbow Cakes at your house, and serves it to your family without order it. So, what are you waiting for? If you almost die because your curiosity of the Rainbow Cake’s taste, let’s make the cake! Or…order it.
If you don’t mind, maybe you would like to see my other article about Macaroons (recipe included), just click here.