Type Approval Certification about D-Link DSL-2542B HIGH-SPEED ADSL BROADBAND is already done, here some information about the device which is approved by DGPT Indonesia
ULTIMATE INTERNET CONNECTION FOR HOME & OFFICE
The D-Link DSL-2542B ADSL Modem Router is an affordable high-performance router ideal for the home and small office. With its integrated ADSL2/2+ supporting high download speeds of 24Mbps, Quality of Service (QoS), extensive firewall protection and 4-port built-in switch, this router provides all the essentials that a home or small office would need to establish a secure and high speed remote link to the outside world.
EXTENSIVE FIREWALL FEATURES FOR ADDED INTERNET DEFENSE
Security features prevent unauthorized access of Internet intruders from entering your home or small office network. This router provides firewall security using Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) and Denial of Service (DoS) attack protection. SPI inspects the contents of all incoming packet headers before deciding what packets are allowed to pass through. Router access control is provided with packet filtering based on port and source/destination MAC/IP addresses.
QUALITY OF SERVICE FOR SMOOTH TRAFFIC
Quality of Service (QoS) supports multiple priority queues to enable a group of home or office users to experience the benefit of smooth network connection of inbound and outbound data without concern for traffic congestion. This router’s QoS support allows users to enjoy high ADSL transmission for applications such as VoIP, streaming multimedia and online games.
D-Link DSL-2542B HIGH-SPEED ADSL BROADBAND Features
- PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) Security – The Router supports PAP (Password Authentication Protocol) and CHAP (Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol) for PPP connections. The Router also supports MSCHAP.
- DHCP Support – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol automatically and dynamically assigns all LAN IP settings to each host on your network. This eliminates the need to reconfigure every host whenever changes in network topology occur.
- Network Address Translation (NAT) – For small office environments, the Router allows multiple users on the LAN to access the Internet concurrently through a single Internet account. This provides Internet access to everyone in the office for the price of a single user. NAT improves network security in effect by hiding the private network behind one global and visible IP address. NAT address mapping can also be used to link two IP domains via a LAN-to-LAN connection.
- TCP/IP (Transfer Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) – The Router supports TCP/IP protocol, the language used for the Internet. It is compatible with access servers manufactured by major vendors.
- RIP-1/RIP-2 – The Router supports both RIP-1 and RIP-2 exchanges with other routers. Using both versions lets the Router to communicate with all RIP enabled devices.
- Static Routing – This allows you to select a data path to a particular network destination that will remain in the routing table and never “age out”. If you wish to define a specific route that will always be used for data traffic from your LAN to a specific destination within your LAN (for example to another router or a server) or outside your network (to an ISP defined default gateway for instance).
- Default Routing – This allows you to choose a default path for incoming data packets for which the destination address is unknown. This is particularly useful when/if the Router functions as the sole connection to the Internet.
- ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode) – The Router supports Bridged Ethernet over ATM (RFC1483), IP over ATM (RFC1577), and PPP over ATM (RFC 2364).
- Precise ATM Traffic Shaping – Traffic shaping is a method of controlling the flow rate of ATM data cells. This function helps to establish the Quality of Service for ATM data transfer.
- High Performance – Very high rates of data transfer are possible with the Router. Up to 8 Mbps downstream bit rate using the G.dmt standard.
- Full Network Management – The Router incorporates SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) support for web-based management and text-based network management via an RS-232 or Telnet connection.
- Telnet Connection – The Telnet enables a network manager to access the Router’s management software remotely.
- Easy Installation – The Router uses a web-based graphical user interface program for convenient management access and easy set up. Any common web browser software can be used to manage the Router.
D-Link DSL-2542B Technical Specifications
+ RJ-11 ADSL port
+ 4 RJ-45 10/100BASE-TX Ethernet ports with auto MDI//MDIX
+ ADSL standards: Multi-mode, ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G.992.1 (G.dmt) Annex A, ITU-T G.992.2 (G.lite) Annex A, ITU-T G.994.1 (G.hs)
+ ADSL2 standards: ITU-T G.992.3 (G.dmt.bis) Annex A/L/M ITU-T G.992.4 (G.lite.bis) Annex A
+ ADSL2+ standards: ITU-T G.992.5 Annex A/M
ADSL DATA RATES
+ G.dmt: 8Mbps downstream, 832Kbps upstream
+ G.lite: 1.5Mbps downstream, 512Kbps upstream
+ ADSL2: 12Mbps downstream, 1Mbps upstream
+ ADSL2+: 24Mbps downstream, 1 Mbps upstream
ATM & PPP PROTOCOLS
+ ATM Adaption Layer type 5 (AAL5)
+ Bridged or routed Ethernet encapsulation
+ VC and LLC based multiplexing
+ MAC Encapsulated Routing
+ ATM Forum UNI3.1/4.0 PVC
+ ATM Cell Format ITU-T Rec. I.361
+ PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
+ PPP over ATM (RFC 2364)
+ PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)
+ PPP Link Control Protocol (LCP)
+ Internet Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP)
+ PPP Authentication Protocol (PAP)
+ PPP Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
+ Microsoft PPP CHAP extensions
ROUTER FEATURES & NETWORK PROTOCOLS
+ Ethernet to ADSL Self-Learning Transparent Bridging
+ Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
+ Network Address Translation (NAT), IP Static Routing
+ NAT ALG (optional):
MSN/AOL/Yahoo Messenger, FTP, SNMP, CUSEEME, Real Audio, MIRC, SIP, ICQ, games
+ Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); DHCP server, client, and relay
+ SNTP, DNS Relay, DDNS proxy and IGMP proxy
FIREWALL /ACCESS SECURITY
+ BNAT firewall
+ MAC Filtering
+ Packet Filtering
+ URL Content Filtering (keyword filtering)
+ Domain Blocking
+ Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI)
+ Denial of Service prevention (DoS)
+ Intrusion Detection System/Log
+ User Authentication PAP
+ User Authentication CHAP
VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK
Multiple IPSec/PPTP/L2TP pass-through
+ Easy Installation Wizard
+ Web-based GUI configuration
+ 3-level login control for local/remote management
+ Firmware upgraded, configuration data uploaded and downloaded via Web-based GUI
+ TFTP for firmware, configuration files and image files upgrade and download
+ TFTP server and client
+ Code Lock to prevent from improper firmware upgrade through UI, TFTP, and TR-069
+ Telnet/SSH access for configuration (optional)
+ Telnet/SSH access for configuration (optional)
+ Local access via console (optional)
+ ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ manual selection and auto fallback
+ Auto VPI/VCI detection
+ Configuration backup and restore
+ Log & Trace function
+ SNMP v.1 and v.2c with MIB-I and MIB-II (optional)
+ TR-069 compliant with ACS (optional)
QUALITY OF SERVICE
+ Traffic Prioritization/Classification
+ Port-based priority
+ 802.1p/q (0-7) priority
+ DiffServ-Codepoint IPQos (TOS)
+ Application port-based priority
+ User-defined priority (TCP/UDP/ICMP)
+ 4 priority queues per PVC
+ Traffic Shaping
+ Bandwidth Control (64K/128K/256K/512K)
+ IGMP Snooping
D-Link DSL-2542B HIGH-SPEED ADSL BROADBAND POWER
+ 9V/1A or 12V/1.2A(AC or DC)
+ Dying Gasp (optional)
+ Power switch (optional)
+ Factory reset button
0? C to 40? C
-20? C to 70? C
-5% to 95% non-condensing
+ FCC Part 15 Class B
+ CE (EN55022/EN55024)
+ FCC Part 15 B
+ CSA International: CSA60950-1, EN60950-1, IEC60950-1, UL60950-1
+ CE LVD EN60950-1
That’s my review about Type Approval of D-Link DSL-2542B HIGH-SPEED ADSL BROADBAND